Short-Term Missions Team Donations
Often groups bring donations with them on their STM trip. Whether you are bringing personal items to donate, or are gathering items publicly at your church or workplace, know that this aspect of your visit is a great blessing to the staff and children at Esperanza Viva. Below you will find suggested items and the best way to bring them with you.
How to bring donation items:
Individuals traveling to Mexico are legally permitted to bring donations up to a value of $500/person in their suitcases, but occasionally, the perception of value can draw attention and tariffs can be imposed at the airport. Because of this, we suggest the following guides to avoid unwanted tariffs or attention:
- Remove store tags, factory packaging or stickers.
- Evenly distribute donated items throughout your personal items.
The school building is funded, now it just needs supplies, and that includes books! Each team has the opportunity to help fill the school library before the 2017-18 school year.
Will you help fill the school library by bringing books from the list provided, in your suitcases?
Generally Needed Items
Here is the latest list of items generally being sought from the United States which would most bless LHI and the kids.
- Underwear size M and L
- Bras in sizes 34 to 36 A,B & C
- T-shirts, blouses sizes M & L
- Leotard, tank top or cami
- Socks size M
- T-shirts and casual/formal shirts sizes 28, 30 & 32 or/and sizes S & M
- Shoes new or lightly used (daily shoes, school shoes, tennis shoes) for boys and girls, sizes 6.5-11 and up (American sizes, Mexican would be 3.5 and up)
Most Urgently Needed Items
(click the image to enlarge)
We have an ongoing need for Spanish Bibles and we have many of them in the US waiting to be brought with teams. If you are willing to bring Bibles with you, please let us know today so we can coordinate getting them to you before your trip to Mexico.
- General hygiene products
- Body towels
- Girls’ & boys’ Jeans and casual pants of all sizes
Things for birthday presents:
- Gently used MP3 players, preferably without radio
- Nice hygiene products for boys or girls (lotion, shampoo, soap sets for girls, or perfume/cologne)
- Books (English and Spanish, chapter and picture books)
- Watches (digital or analog)
- Activity kits (beads, string, science experiments, candle making, etc…)
- Model cars/airplane kits
- Puzzles (especially 3D puzzles)
- Art/drawing sets
- Dry erase markers
- Standard grid sheet notebooks
- Standard lined notebooks
- Standard blank notebooks
- White-out (correction fluid or tape)
- Paper clips
- Pens (blue, black, red or green)
- Staples for stapler
- White paper
- Glue sticks
- Silicone sticks (for hot glue gun)
- Pencil sharpeners
- Poster board sheets (various colors)
- Modeling clay
- Construction paper/colored paper
- Two-color pencils (half the pencil is one color, the other half another)
- Mathematical compasses